Registered Environmental Health Specialist (FT)
The County of Morris is seeking a full-time Registered Environmental Health Specialist. Licensure as a Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) from the NJ Department of Health and a valid driver’s license are required. Previous REHS work experience and certification as a NJ Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor are preferred. Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification is a plus. Position includes a benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via mail, fax, or email to:
Carlos Perez, Jr., Health Officer,
County of Morris
Office of Health Management
P.O. Box 300
Morristown, NJ 07963-0900
Fax: (973) 631-5490
Please no telephone inquires.
Motor Vehicle Operator, Elderly and Handicapped Persons
Under direction, drives, cleans, services, and makes minor repairs to motor vehicles used in transporting elderly, handicapped, and mentally challenged passengers on assigned established routes and/or directly from their homes to desired destinations and back; does related work as required.
Examples of Work:
- Assists senior citizens and the handicapped into and out of vehicles and escorts persons to and from their homes, doctors’ offices, markets, and other places.
- Operates a hydraulic lift mechanism to assist passengers confined to wheelchairs, on and off vehicle, and assists them into and out of seats.
- Assists passengers boarding or dismounting vehicle by lifting heavy and cumbersome packages or, if needed, from the store and into person's home.
- Drives a bus on established route and/or operates van to transport the elderly, handicapped, and mentally challenged to and from their homes to hospitals, doctors' offices, markets, etc. on a demand response basis.
- May maintain general card file on regular passengers which lists nature of their illness, name, address, and telephone number of their doctor, and possible emergency treatment to be administered should passenger have epileptic seizure and/or heart attack.
- Inspects vehicle at start and end of each trip for cleanliness and general condition to ensure it is operating safely.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Appointees must possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey.
- Appointees will also be required to possess a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and applicable endorsements for the class and type of vehicle being operated.
The salary guide as per Council 6 contract is a starting salary of $25,041.
Please click on the link below to obtain an application. Complete and remit to:
Attn: Frank Corrente, Director of Personnel
County of Morris
PO Box 900
Morristown, NJ 07963-0900
Or fax # 973-631-5123
Public Safety Telecommunicator
If you want to join a hard-working team that shares a commitment to provide top-quality communications services in a prime Northern NJ location, consider a career with the County of Morris. We have vacancies for the position of Public Safety Telecommunicators in the Morris County Dept. of Law & Public Safety - Communications Division.
Responsibilities include: answering 9-1-1 police, fire and EMS emergency and non-emergency telephone calls; dispatching police, fire and EMS personnel and equipment according to standard operational procedures; maintaining, receiving, and recording pertinent information from the two-way radio communications with police, fire and EMS emergency field units; monitoring radio talk groups and multiple lines for all communications; using computer terminals to access various law enforcement systems, including CJIS and NCIC.
Ideal candidates will remain calm under pressure; exercise good judgment and make sound decisions in emergency situations; have the ability to communicate both orally and in writing clearly and concisely; have the ability to multi-task; have proficient typing and keyboard entry skills; bilingual English/Spanish highly desirable.
Position requires graduation from HS or equivalent; willing to work shifts on a rotating basis including holidays and weekends; prior experience using a computer aided dispatch (CAD) system is highly desirable; successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment psychological assessment. Candidates that possess Paramedic Certification are encouraged to apply.
Salary is commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive a generous benefit package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, health and pension benefits.
Interested candidates please send application, resume and certifications to Michael P. Peoples, Morris County Communications Division, PO Box 900, Morristown, NJ 07963-0900.