Voting Machine Warehouse - Operations Coordinator
The Morris County Board of Elections Office is seeking a Voting Machine Warehouse - Operations Coordinator to join their team. Full time position oversees the daily operation of the warehouse, which houses approximately 800 voting machines. Maintain inventory and perform scheduled maintenance on machines.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Warehouse Management
- Coordinate logistics between vendors and municipal clerks
- Coordinate staffs activities/duties and monitor results
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Must have good organizational skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Must have a valid NJ driver’s license
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Candidates must pass a criminal background test conducted by the State of New Jersey.
Salary is commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive a benefit package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, and health and pension benefits.
Interested candidates please send application and resume to Dale A. Kramer, Morris County Board of Elections at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 973-285-5208.
Will work with various machines and hand tools common to the trade
Examples of work:
- Repairs engines and components, power trains, suspension systems and other mechanical units of such motor vehicles as automobiles,
- Vans, pick-ups, buses and SUVs.
- Obtain description of mechanical problems from supervisor and/ or test drive vehicle or uses testing equipment common to the industry to locate and identify the problem.
- Locate worn, dirty or poorly adjusted parts through visual check of vehicle.
- Rewire ignitions systems, lights and instrument panels.
- Adjust brakes, replace brake lines and pads and make other repairs to brake system.
- Service air conditioner units.
- Make repairs in accord with appropriate repair specifications, manuals and procedures
- Drive tow truck and so forth to various locations to service disabled motor vehicles.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and manual recording and computerized information systems used by the agency.
- Three (3) years in maintenance and repair of various types of motor vehicles such as automobiles, SUVs, vans, and pick-ups.
- Possession of a certificate showing successful completion of a vocational training program in automotive mechanics approved by the NJ Department of Education may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Appointees will be required to possess valid NJ driver’s license.
- Appointees may be required to possess a CDL class B license.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of procedures for diagnosing the reasons for motor failure and steps necessary to correct the condition.
- Ability to use technical manuals, specifications, diagrams, schematics and similar guides to make repairs.
- Ability to obtain, store, record and properly use equipment, materials and sullies.
Applicants must be able to read and write English.
Send applications to Bob Cook, email to email@example.com or fax to 973-829-9113.
Data Processing Programmer
The County of Morris’ Office of Information Technology is seeking a candidate to join their System Administration Team Successful candidate will be working with a team of IT professionals responsible for the administration and management of Morris County’s critical business application servers and data centers. Candidate must be able to work effectively in a team environment. Candidate will be responsible to remain current with new technologies and Information Technology business processes, as well as, perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA):
· Ability to administer Microsoft Windows Servers
· Skill and ability to administer Microsoft Active Directory
· Knowledge of VMware vSphere
· Knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies
· Knowledge of Microsoft Group Policy (GPOs) administration
· Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM administration
· Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint administration
· Knowledge of Microsoft SQL server administration
· Knowledge of Veeam Backup and Replication administration
· Knowledge, skill and ability to troubleshoot hardware problems.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware hypervisor technologies
· Knowledge of Cyber Security best business practices for an enterprise computing environment.
Examples of Work
· Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights. This includes adding and removing user accounts, revising Access Control Lists (ACLs) and assigning users to various groups.
· Administration of Window servers including file, print, and application.
· Backup and replication of server systems and applications in the environment.
· Administrating a 2013 Microsoft Exchange environment.
· Testing and installing OS and applications software and security patches as well as deploying new application.
· Troubleshooting server and storage systems.
· Minimum: Associates degree in Computer Science from an accredited college.
· Preferred: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science.
NOTE: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute relevant experience on a year-for-year basis.
Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of experience supporting a corporate or government Information Technology operation.
Preferred three (3) or more years’ experience administering corporate or government Enterprise IT application server operations.
· Strong customer service skills
· Highly self-motivated
Good people skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
· Must have a valid driver's license.
· Must have the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate effectively in English.
· Due to the high-availability nature of the environment the role will require after-hours and occasional weekend work to implement patches and/or perform system maintenance
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
Interested candidates should send a completed application, a resume and salary requirements to Frank Corrente at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time Library Assistant
The Morris County Library seeks a part-time Library Assistant in the Circulation Department who can work a 25-hour week, with the following schedule each week: Monday 4pm – 9pm, Tuesday 4pm – 9pm, Wednesday 4pm – 9pm, Thursday 4pm – 9pm and Saturday 12pm – 5pm. Successful candidates must possess excellent interpersonal skills, effective problem solving skills and work well with the public. Basic computer skills and ability to learn required library programs are essential. Duties include assisting and directing patrons in person and by telephone, retrieving items from the shelves, and checking items in and out for circulation. Working at two service desks, stepping up on a step stool, lifting books and pushing carts will be required. Annual salary will be $17,886.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com or mail it to: Morris County Library, Personnel Department; 30 East Hanover Ave.; Whippany, NJ 07981. Applications are available at the Library.
Submission deadline is October 9, 2015.
Under direction of the County Engineer, surveys land and computes land boundaries, areas and elevations, researches titles, plots metes and bounds from deed descriptions, prepares and reviews legal descriptions of properties; does other related duties as required.
Appointees will be required to possess a Land Surveyor’s License issued by the New Jersey State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors. Five years of professional, licensed experience is preferred. Appointees will also be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey.
REQUESTED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of problems in and procedures used in land surveying.
- Knowledge of the use of the survey equipment such as but not limited to (transit, total stations, level and GPS).
- Ability to organize assigned work and develop effective work methods.
- Ability to give assignments and instructions to Engineering Aides.
- Ability to prepare reports and to keep records.
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office or related units.
- Ability to utilize AutoCAD and COGO software.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform duties of this position.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible. This position does require field work in which a person may be required to carry equipment to remote, rural locations over rough terrain to perform job tasks.
SALARY: $50,000, dependent upon qualifications and experience
Interested parties should email a resume and a completed Morris County Application for Employment (http://www.morriscountynj.gov/generalHTML/job.pdf) to County Engineer Christopher J. Vitz, P.E. at CVitz@co.morris.nj.us.
Forensic Nurse Examiner
The Morris County Prosecutor’s Office is seeking to contract per-diem Forensic Nurse Examiners to complete medical forensic examinations on victims of sexual assault.
As a member of the Sexual Assault Response Team, the Forensic Nurse Examiner will work closely with law enforcement agents, sexual assault advocates, and emergency room personnel. The Forensic Nurse Examiner will provide comprehensive and compassionate care to victims of assault.
This position requires dedication, flexibility, the desire to embrace evolving advances in forensics, and the ability to function independently.
Candidates must have an active New Jersey RN license with a minimum of 2 years of experience; ideally in Emergency Department nursing or in Ob-Gyn nursing. Specialized FNE certification is required but can be obtained and reimbursed after commitment to program. Candidates must pass a background investigation which will be conducted by the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office.
Please contact Dorothy DiFabio at 973-285-6367 for further details.
Under direction, performs varied tasks involved in the maintenance and repair of diesel engines in motor vehicles and/or automotive construction equipment; does other related duties as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Repairs and maintains diesel engines using handtools, precision measuring instruments, and machines common to the trade.
- Diagnoses trouble, disassembles engines, and examines parts for defects and excessive wear.
- Reconditions and replaces parts such as pistons, bearings, gears, valves, and bushings, and using engine lathes, boring machines, handtools, and precision measuring instruments.
- May weld and cut parts using arc welding and flame cutting equipment.
- May repair and maintain gasoline engines.
- May perform a variety of mechanical tasks involved in the repair and maintenance of motor vehicles and/or construction equipment.
- May test drive motor vehicles and/or construction equipment on public streets.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
TRAINING: Successful completion of one (1) year of training in automotive technology at an accredited community college or vocational school.
Two (2) years of experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of diesel engines.
Applicants who do no possess the required year of formal training may substitute one (1) additional year of experience as outlined above.
Appointees will be required to possess a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and applicable endorsements for the class and type of vehicle being operated.
In accordance with NJSA 13:20-47.15, appointees responsible for performing the emissions inspections on diesel-powered vehicles are to successfully complete a course of instruction on Diesel Emission Inspection provided through the Appointing Authority.
Appointees may be required to successfully complete re-training.
Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Send applications to Bob Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 973-829-8113. You can also mail applications to:
Motor Service Center
120 E. Hanover Ave.
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
Chief of Survey Party (Civil Service Code: 01177)
The Morris County GIS Division is seeking a full time Surveyor / GIS Technician to manage the County’s cadastral mapping needs and to manage a Municipal Shared Service for Digital Property Tax Map Preparation and Maintenance. Candidates must have experience with ESRI, Inc.’s ArcGIS desktop software or with Autodesk Inc.'s AutoCAD computer aided design (CAD) software, and have a solid understanding of State of New Jersey tax map requirements. CAD professionals must commit to learning and using GIS software.
- New Jersey Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license in good standing.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with municipal tax maps in the State of New Jersey
Send your resume and application with salary requirements to:
Stephen Rice, GIS Manager
County of Morris
Office of Information Technology - GIS Section
30 Schuyler Pl, 4th floor
P.O. Box 900
Morristown, NJ 07963-0900
Public Safety Telecommunicator
Responsibilities include: answering 9-1-1 police, fire and EMS emergency and non-emergency telephone calls; dispatching police, fire and EMS personnel and equipment according to standard operational procedures; maintaining, receiving, and recording pertinent information from the two-way radio communications with police, fire and EMS emergency field units; monitoring radio talk groups and multiple lines for all communications; using computer terminals to access various law enforcement systems, including CJIS and NCIC.
Ideal candidates will remain calm under pressure; exercise good judgment and make sound decisions in emergency situations; have the ability to communicate both orally and in writing clearly and concisely; have the ability to multi-task; have proficient typing and keyboard entry skills; bilingual English/Spanish highly desirable.
Position requires graduation from HS or equivalent; willing to work shifts on a rotating basis including holidays and weekends; prior experience using a computer aided dispatch (CAD) system is highly desirable; successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment psychological assessment. Candidates that possess Paramedic Certification are encouraged to apply.
Salary is commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive a generous benefit package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, health and pension benefits.
Interested candidates please send application, resume and certifications to Michael P. Peoples, Morris County Communications Division, PO Box 900, Morristown, NJ 07963-0900.
- Voting Machine Warehouse - Operations Coordinator
- Data Processing Programmer
- Part-time Library Assistant
- Land Surveyor
- Forensic Nurse Examiner
- Mechanic Diesel
- Chief of Survey Party (Civil Service Code: 01177)
- Public Safety Telecommunicator